The British Columbia Mountain Foundation was founded in order to establish and maintain the network of backcountry trails and cabins in British Columbia. Through our fundraising efforts and successful partnerships we aim to help complete the following list of current and future projects.
1. North Vancouver Museum & Archives preservation of BCMC records
- Suggested Annual Donation of $500.00 to digitize existing historical materials for archival purposes
2. Watersprite Lake Trailhead Outhouse – Squamish
Click the following to see images of this completed project: Watersprite Trailhead Outhouse Gallery
Cost: $10,000 - Completed August 2019 On time and On Budget
- Provide assistance and funding to the BCMC to install a separation outhouse at the Watersprite Lake trailhead.
3. Howe Sound Crest Trail – North Shore Vancouver
Estimated Cost: $9,000
- Provide assistance and funding to the BCMC to embark on an extension of the trail to the north. Permission granted by the Recreation Sites & Trails of B.C.
- Further details required
4. Watersprite Lake Trail - Squamish
Estimated Cost: $15,000
- Provide assistance and funding to the BCMC to continue trail maintenance and improvements, especially between the Demon rock slide and the BCMC Watersprite Lake Hut. A former debris flow blocked a culvert with water subsequently being diverted down the trail. Excavate and rebuild this washout.
5. Watersprite Lake Campsite – Squamish
- Provide assistance and funding to the BCMC to continue to improve the Watersprite Lake Campsite. This will include repairing current tent pads, improving the trail around the lake as well as adding further tent pads.
Cost: $6,000 - Completed August 5th, 2019 On time and On Budget